Forums / Off topic / BoB movie remake? - Axis and Allies Paintworks
Forums
Axis and Allies Paintworks :: Forums :: Axis And Allies Forum :: Off topic
BoB movie remake? << Previous thread | Next thread >>
Moderators: Tailhook, Duggy, Buhli, cheruskerarmin, Cpt_Farrel, Graf, HEERDT, Jarink, Juri_JS, mapal, RAF_Loke, Rudi_Jaeger, US_Grant, HBPencil, monguse, Gumpy, Jaypack44, kristorf, Boelcke, PatCartier, Hayate
Author Post
HBPencil
Wed Apr 05 2017, 07:50PM

Registered Member #45

Ridley Scott may direct a BoB movie, not sure how I feel about this to be honest.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/ridley-scott-battle-of-britain-world-war-ii-1202021890/
REDsWINGer
Thu Apr 06 2017, 02:12AM
Registered Member #156

For me the 1969 version will always be my favourite. I'm sure the younger generations will enjoy a newer version (filled with CGI no doubt).
HBPencil
Sun Apr 09 2017, 11:08PM

Registered Member #45

Indeed. Thing is the original has plenty of flaws and it should be possible to do a decent remake; but although I like some of his films Ridley Scott is too 'Hollywood' to do this subject justice imho.
I have a love-hate relationship with CGI when it comes to air combat films. It has great potential e.g. we could see swarms of proper MkI Spits and Hurris vs 109E and 110s rather than what we get in the original and the new Dunkirk film (Buchons vs MkV and IX Spits sans cannon barrels). But in recent attempts (like Redtails) the movie makers fall into the trap of making the air combat ludicrously over the top b.s. which, for me at least, turns the entire film(s) into a joke :/

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF